Monday, July 18, 2011

I have some apprehensions about a possible red light camera to ticket?

Ok so about 12 days ago I ran a red light. Of course, its one of only a handful of intersections in my city (Tucson, Arizona) to have cameras installed. I don't even have my license, but I have to drive to school, and in my defense there was a car really close behind me and it was a short yellow, if I thought I had a chance to safely stop I would have. But anyway, I'm almost positive I wasn't fully in the intersection when the light changed, but I never saw a flash. Since I commuted to try and catch the light, I was most certainly speeding as well. And its been almost two weeks to the day. The truck I was driving is in my moms name, so they'll have to compare a picture of me to a picture of a female, so I'm not sure what that means. I've done a little bit of searching and found that I never even have to respond since the ticket won't be personally served, but then if they decide to actual serve me I'm screwed. And also, can my mom just say it was her? She got a ticket 2 or 3 years ago and went to traffic school so I'm not sure if she's eligible. I know I screwed up and wasn't a responsible driver and all that, for lack of a better term I've been shitting myself for since that morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment