Sunday, July 17, 2011

How can I repair/reinstall windows xp when my comp won't recognize my cd drive?

Yesterday I was trying to burn a DVD and got a few error messages from the program I was using. I tried using a different program and once I had the DVD setup and went to burn it my cd/DVD drive was not there. Looked in "my computer" and it didn't show up there either. Tried ejecting the blank DVD but it wouldn't open. I tried doing a system restore to a week before this problem occurred but it froze halfway through. After about 2 hours I shut the computer down. Now when I restart the computer it makes it to the windows loading screen then goes to a bsod stop error message. I'm trying to repair/reinstall windows(xp) by going to the boot menu when I first turn on computer and having it boot from cd drive before hard drive but it's saying boot device not available. Any help or information on this would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment