Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ticket from 6 years ago?

I got a ticket back when I was 17 for eluding a police officer. Basically I was making a turn and the cop signaled me to go so I did. When I was making a turn he had told me to stop when I was in the middle of the intersection. I freaked out and went but pulled over to the side right by him. He got to my car and yelled at me and wrote me up a ticket for evading and eluding him. My Dad went to court with me and I told my story and the cop told the judge he did it for my safety but no one was around except for the cop, his partner and I. After I was getting yelled at, his partner said that he didn't think I did anything wrong and was watching the whole thing happen.I also asked him if another car was coming and he said no cars where coming.I then proceeded to tell his partner that I thought this was all awkward since I had just broken up with my boyfriend that morning who is also a cop. I told him who he was and asked if he knew him. He tells me that the officer that is giving me the ticket and my ex are friends!!! I lost the case because my father told me to just plead guilty since I was a minor and now I have this ticket. How long will it stay on my record??�

No comments:

Post a Comment