Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I just hit a large bump with my car, help/advice?

Okay so I was driving in the country when out of nowhere I hit a large bump at an intersection going about 55 or 60. The car was shaken, and we immediately stopped. After checking it over, there were minor scrapes on the left and right undersides of the cars edge as well as far under the hood area (I could feel the scrapes by simply reaching my arm under and feeling. I compared it to my parents older vehicle and it seems that it has a fair amount of scrapes on the underside of its hood too (from gradual everyday wear and tare I assume). Anyway, I drove it home and it seemed to have no issues, it accelerated, cornered, and braked fine...no "check engine" lights were on or anything either...it is a new car and I would really love to know if I should be checking anything on my own, assume its alright, or what. I will of course check it for leaks in the morning...what does the undercarriage of a typical car consist of, and material/repair-wise, should I worry about rust (i.e. are they plastic or metal parts under there) and if so, what is the general cost of some of the possible damages? Like I said, aside from the scratches it seems fine. Just hoping to get a little more insight...possibly from someone who has done something like this before...I have never had this happen before and has put the fear of god in me to never hurt it again. Lets just say that it is a rather nice and semi-expensive car, to be making all this hype up. Any help is appreciated, thank you so much in advance. People like you really help in situations like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment