Saturday, July 16, 2011

Lost video icons but videos still play.?

I've been scratching my head for nearly 2 hours now, I got a virus which disabled my anti virus and started deleting all my files until i was left with a blank screen, I rebooted my PC into Safe mode and did a system restore and it returned most of my icons. However, When I browse My Computer and have a look for my films i cant seen to find them anywhere, Ive booted up media player and all my films are still there and playable, a few more of the files are the same, I recently saved a file in photoshop, couldn't find it where i saved it too, then i open photoshop clicked on recent files and it was there in the drop down list and i could open it! So im just missing the shortcuts/icons, I presume that my registry has been loaded (through System Restore) to default, So i tried a different restore point and that didn't work either. I thought i had backed up my registry with CCleaner but i couldn't find that either. Help! I've run out of ideas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment