Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I have blood collected under the skin at the base (above the cuticle) of my big toe, Anyone see this before?

I have had a toenail fungus for several years. It has made my nails thick and yellow, but nothing that wasn't manageable. About a month ago I noticed that at the base of my toenail, above the cuticle, was a purplish color spanning the entire base of the nail. It looked like blood, but I had not injured my toe at any time, plus there was very little or no pain. It ended up that the entire nail came off (which I have done before - fungus related) and now I can see that what is at the base of my toenail is red. Very red. It is blood, under the skin, but is not going away. It goes from the base of the nail by the cuticle to about 1/16th inch up the nail (or toe actually). I bumped that area of my toe (minus the nail) on an object and it bled quite a bit, but stopped. The area has not changed color or shape since then. Help? Anyone know anything about this? Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment