Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Disorderly Conduct: Obstructing Traffic?

I was arrested and held overnight in NY for disorderly conduct. It was 3:30 in the morning, and I was walking home. Yes, I was jaywalking, basically walking in the road, but there was no cars around. A cop was at the intersection up the street, and when he road down, I was clearly out of his way, albeit still in the road. He pulled up to me, was very rude, telling me to get out the road, etc, and I was rude back, I mean he's on my payroll, I pay taxes, he shouldn't harass me. I even asked him if he would rather I move to the sidewalk as we talked. They let me go, and I was on the sidewalk walking away, pissed off, and so I flipped them off. They got back out, and then arrested me for Disorderly conduct Section 5: Obstructing vehicular, or pedestrian traffic. Is this right? There was no traffic around, except for the cop that I clearly moved out of the way for. Just down the road is all the bars too, there's 100s of people "obstructing traffic, drunk, doing whatever" Do i Have a defense?

No comments:

Post a Comment